Habitat: The nucleus of the breed is Wani , Gosa, Babar, Kapip areas of Zhob and Hassankhail area of Musakhail district. Kakar, Khostai, Babar, Sherani, Hassankhail tribes are the custodians of the breed.
Phenotypic characteristics: Small in size, white body coat with red head, fine dense wool are the salient feature of Kajalle breed.
Vegetation: The vegetation of the area likes by the Kajalle sheep consists of Saba, Barawaza, viza, Saragarri and Ghozara, Spanda.
Population: The population of the Kajalle sheep is almost 200,000 and the trend is increasing.
- Resistant to dry years (Tha kal sakhtha)
- Can survive with very scarce vegetation (pa laz abadi guzara kavi)
- Mouth and muzzle is like forceps and can graze on tiny vegetation
- The meat is delicious and not decreases in size after drying (Landi meat), when the dry meat is put in water, it regains its size
- Wool is like cotton and second coat of wool also appear in winter. The wool is dense (Thathwargi)
- The milk is yellowish like cow milk and have more butter fats (high fats contents)
- The breed is persistent in characteristics and don’t change easily. When other breed’s ram is offered the breed not change easily (the nasal sakhta)
- Good learning and obedient animal with the shepherd and owner
Option hopes: Drought resistant, water resistant, Can survive with very scarce vegetation (pa laz abadi guzara kavi)
Economic importance: The breed is a good tool and security of income in hard days (dry years and days). Hard years mean dry years and hard days mean when there is no mean of income then the breeders sell extra animals. Usually they never intend to sell their sheep, especially females.
The breed is usually use as subsistence type of production system; the milk is use as fresh, for tea and by-products like ghee, butter fats and Kurth. The meat is mainly use for Landi purpose. As the meat are highly delicious, tender, high local consumer preference, good marbling and taste. The wool is dense and is usually prefer than many breed, because of its lengths, softness and spinning qualities.